Stepan Starikov was born in November 1992 in the family of musicians. He graduated from the famous Central Moscow State Conservatory Music High School and was accepted into the Moscow State Conservatory in 2011.
Stepan Starikov started studying violin at the age of 5 under G.S.Turchaninova. He continued his studies under Prof.Girshenko's. Stepan performed at various concert venues in Moscow, toured extensively in Russia as well as in Japan, Denmark, Italy and Cyprus.
Stepan Starikov has also performed with the Moscow Chamber Orchestra, Udmurt National Symphony Orchestra, Yaroslavl Academic Symphony Orchestra, Russian Chamber Orchestra of the City of Kursk, Moscow State Conservatory Chamber Orchestra. Conductors Stepan worked with include S.Ostapenko, S.Orlov, A.Hirschfeld (USA), N.Rogotnev, S.Oselkov, S.Proskurin, F.Korobov.
Stepan has the following prestigious awards and achievements:
● Laureate - "Gifted Child" Moscow Forum (2001)
● Laureate - Moscow open festival "Children and music" (2003 and 2006)
● Laureate - IX and X International Contest of Young Soloists Moscow (2003 and 2006)
● "New Names" stipend (2001)
● Stipend from "Russian Performing Art" Fund (2003-2004)
● Participated in the cultural program for the Russian-Italian summit between president Putin and prime minister Silvio Berlusconi (2005)
● Laureate 1st prize - VI International Young Musicians competition - Moscow (2009)
● Participated in "Tchaikovski's Birthplace" festival - Izhevsk (2010)
● Participated in "Copenhagen Summer Festival" - Copenhagen (2010)
● Russian Ministry of Education stipend for talented youth recipient (2010)
● Laureate - 1st prize - "Mario Fillioley" International Competition, Italy (2011)
● Stipend from “Concorso Violinistico Internationale “Andrea Postacchini” Italy (2012)
● Laureate - 3th prize - The 2nd International Leopold Auer Music Violin Quartets Competition (2014)